Monday, January 24, 2011

Choosing to Dance


This is my attempt to dance despite the many mines that have detonated inside me and around me on my journey through the mine-covered lands of this broken world.

In the afterglow of the bombs that have burst, you will find me wrestling with the shears of metal that remain buried in my body and soul. I know what it's like to stand paralyzed in fear of taking another step, as my bleeding wounds warn me of what mines may await my next move.

But this blog is a commitment to myself, my champion husband, and my God that nothing shy of dancing in this minefield is sufficient. To stand still may feel safe, but it is a feigned security because in doing so, you are robbed of any hopes of having purpose, joy, or impacting the lives of anyone else.

I know you too have experienced immobilizing pain that cripples, shames, discourages, and enslaves--would you be willing to take the next step with me? From one simple life to another, would you dare to dance? I promise, you won't be alone.

2 comments: